Kimchenius Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2T Oil or Butter
- 1 Medium onion diced (recommend yellow, white or sweet onion)
- 1 Bell pepper diced
- 1 15oz jar Kimchenius Kimchi drained (reserve liquid) and chopped
- 4 Cups cooked rice (cooled and even better if cooked the day before to dry slightly)
- 1T Soy sauce
- (Optional) 8oz diced ham, pork, chicken or similar
- 2T Oil (recommend canola, vegetable or similar neutral oil with high smoke point)
- 4oz Green onions/scallions chopped
- (Optional) 4 fresh eggs
- Heat 2T oil or butter in wok or other large frying pan and saute diced onion and bell pepper until they just start to soften.
- (Optional) If using optional protein, increase heat to med-high and add to pan. Continually turn to begin to brown and get crispy without letting burn.
- With heat on med-high, add chopped Kimchenius Kimchi and continue to turn to blend and heat.
- Add soy sauce and stir into veg, Kimchi, protein mixture for 30-60 seconds.
- Increase heat to high and allow a minute or two for pan/wok to heat while still tending to mixture to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Add cooked rice in stages to prevent wok/pan from cooling too much while continuously flipping/mixing to blend ingredients and add color to the rice.
- Once the rice and other ingredients are mixed and starting achieve desired color, slowly add reserve Kimchi liquid while continuing to mix and heat. Once liquid is thoroughly mixed, remove pan from heat.
- (Optional) If using eggs, heat a separate pan and cook as desired. We recommend a light over-easy to ensure a soft texture and nice runny yolk, but make to taste.
Portion fried rice into bowls and top each with fried egg if used. Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy!